You are able to see more detail within your medical record as part of an enhanced online service offering. This change means:
- New online applications will automatically have access to this enhanced information once approved by your GP
- Existing online users will need to complete an application form so that their GP can approve the enhanced settings being applied to your service
- To protect the confidentiality of patients under the age of 16, online services will no longer be available for patients under this age
emis Patient Access
This service is available for patients aged 16 and over only.
(Please click on the Online Services tab or the link at the foot of the home page to access the service)
emis Patient Access is a simple, secure and efficient system which allows you to order repeat medication online at a time of convenience, book or cancel appointments with a Doctor and view aspects of your medical records. Please take a moment to read our patient information leaflet :
Online Sevices leaflet.pdf
To apply to register for online services :
Click on the link on the home page or the Online Service tab on the right hand side. The emis Patient Access page will open up in a new window, click on the 'Register' button and follow the instructions. You will need to make a note of the access code you are allocated and the password that you choose.
Once you have registered you will be able to book a single appointment only. To finish the application process, within one month you will need to :
- Complete the application form Online Access Application.pdf
- Bring the completed application form, together with documents to prove your address and identity (refer to the patient information leaflet for the correct documents), in person, to our reception desk.
- Your GP will then review and approve your application - you should typically allow around 10 days for this. Your GP is able to refuse online access if it is felt not to be in your best interests or could cause harm to your physical or mental health.
Your application will expire if you do not provide this information within 30 days of registration.
To access online services once you have registered :
Simply click on the link at the top of this page, or the prescription ordering and appointments tabs. You will be taken to the emis Patient Access homepage in a new window and will simply need your unique ID and chosen password to access your online account.
Online Services Available
With emis Patient Access you can :
- View a list of your current repeat medications and easily select the ones you need to order. If your medication is not listed, you will need to contact the surgery.
- Include a message with your request e.g. ask for your prescription to be sent to your preferred chemist
- Track your order. Your request will be displayed as ‘Accepted’ once it has been processed or will have and ‘R’ displayed if your request has been rejected.
- Please allow 48 hours from submission for your prescription to be ready for collection.
- Please do not send non-prescription related messages using this system as we will not be able to respond to them.
You can book appointments with a GP of your choice up to 4 weeks in advance.
If you are unsure whether it is appropriate to see a Doctor or a Nurse please contact the surgery by telephone. You are limited to the number of appointments that you can book online at any one time.
Due to the many different types of nurse appointments we offer at the surgery we are unable to offer online booking for these. Please contact us by telephone as normal to book an appointment with one of our nurses.
If you wish to cancel an appointment we would ask that you do that online as soon as possible so that the time can be made available to another patient in need.
Alternatively appointments can be cancelled by telephone on 0161 928 9621.
Access to your medical records
You are able to view the following aspects of your medical record :
- Immunisations and vaccinations
- Problems, Symptoms and Diagnoses
- Test results
Please be aware, you may have access to something in your medical record that you find upsetting or have forgotten about. You may also have access to abnormal test results or bad news that your GP has not yet spoken to you about or when the surgery is closed and there is nobody available to speak to. With this in mind you should consider whether online access is right for you.
Protecting your medical records
The following guide may provide helpful information : PatientGuidanceBooklet.pdf
We monitor use of this service and hope that you will find it useful. However, if we feel the facility is being abused we reserve the right to revoke access. Inappropriate use would be booking but not attending or cancelling appointments, booking inappropriate appointments with your Doctor or using your name to book appointments for a family member.